TopicStarter: Quoine Exchange –
|Registrar domain||Network Solutions, LLC|
Telegram is one of the largest instant messaging platforms in the world, revered for its slick interface and impressive stance on privacy and security.
Telegram is now on a mission to create the world�s most adopted cryptocurrency ecosystem with the Telegram Open Network (TON) and Gram token. Public investors have been itching to get their hands on the coveted Gram tokens after two highly successful yet exclusive private sale rounds last year.
Now, for the first time, Gram tokens are on sale to the public on global crypto platform Liquid. Liquid is a reputable, secure global exchange with a strong history of pushing innovation in the blockchain space.
Gram tokens are priced at 4 USD, but holders of Liquid�s utility token, Qash, can access an exclusive rebate that means you can effectively pay as little as 3.50 USD per Gram.
Telegram and Gram
Telegram is a staple in the cryptocurrency world, with hundreds if not thousands of crypto communities embracing the app. Fittingly, the Telegram team is jumping into the world of crypto with a blockchain of its own.
Telegram is huge, with more than 260 million monthly active users who will benefit from the launch of Telegram�s own blockchain, TON. Across the app, 70 billion messages are sent every day while more than 500,000 new users join the platform daily.
TON is set to launch in October, providing Telegram�s vast global userbase with a means to send instant transactions on a highly scalable blockchain network, while upholding the highest standards of privacy and security.
TON will have a number of services powering the ecosystem.
- TON Storage: A distributed file-storage technology that will enable distributed storage services similar to Dropbox.
- TON Proxy: A network proxy/anonymizer layer used to hide the identity and IP addresses of TON nodes.
- TON Services: A platform for third-party services.
- TON DNS: A service that reduces the friction of interacting within a crypto ecosystem by assigning human-readable names to accounts, smart contracts, services and network nodes.
- TON Payments: A platform for micropayments.
The Gram token
Telegram aims to vastly extend the scope of the messaging platform using blockchain technology. Telegram users will be able to use the network for fast payments, convenient storage, VPN and a range of other services.
At the heart of these plans is the Gram token, the native currency of TON.
Using Gram, payments will be fast with low fees, making use of an innovative wallet integrated into Telegram clients, which could instantly make it one of the most adopted cryptocurrency wallets in the world.
The utility of the Gram token is vast:
- Commission ("gas") paid to TON nodes for processing transactions and smart contracts.
- Stakes deposited by validators to validate transactions and generate new blocks and coins.
- Capital lent out to validators.
- Voting power required to support or oppose changes in the protocol.
- Payment for services provided by apps.
- Payment for storing data securely.
- Payment for registering blockchain-based domain names and hosting TON-sites.
- Payment for hiding identity and IP addresses.
- Payment for bypassing censorship imposed by local ISPs.
If you�re interested you can join the Gram sale here.
- April 18, 2019