Office location : Frankfurt/Paris, London, Stockholm, Toronto
Employment – Duration: 3 years
Contract type: Fixed-term
Application Deadline: 31/03/2021
Purpose of the job:
- Together with other Centres of the multi-locational BIS Innovation Hub (the “Hub”), contribute to the overall strategy of the Hub in support of its mission to foster international collaboration on innovative financial technology within the central banking community in order to improve the functioning and efficiency of the international financial system.
- Lead efforts to scout new technologies and products with the aim of increasing knowledge in areas of broad and critical interest to central banks and with a view towards the production of potential global public goods in the technology space.
- Design and execute a range of projects on digital innovation as part of the global agenda of the Hub, leveraging the regional strengths and specialist skill sets of the Hub Centres.
- Develop networks in the region bringing together central banks, academic communities and the private sector with a focus on digital innovation and its application to the financial system.
- Provide direct oversight of the operations of the Hub Centre, ensure its effective functioning and rapid delivery of project goals.
- Identify possible projects for development with the aim of increasing knowledge in areas of broad and critical interest to central banks, and with a view towards the production of potential global public goods in the technology space. Coordinate research on potential topics.
- Design and oversee the execution of project-related activities that explore the impact of technological developments on financial markets and central banks in line with the established priorities of the Hub.
- Closely monitor performance of projects in relation to objectives, regularly reassess progress and adapt as needed to ensure concrete outcomes, fast-paced delivery and an efficient allocation of resources.
- Lead effectively the operations of the Centre in close collaboration with host central banks.
- Build a regional network of stakeholders from the public and private sectors involved in fintech and innovation to promote exchanges of views and knowledge-sharing.
- Contribute to the development and operation of the BIS Innovation Network.
- Support effective coordination of the Centre’s activities with those managed from other Centres in order to exploit synergies across the BIS Innovation Hub.
- Support the Centre’s continued development of expert knowledge on innovative technologies related to the work of the Hub and actively encourage the sharing of insights.
Relationships and representation
- Actively engage with counterparts in the private sector and fintech community, as well as central banks/ international organisations to develop and maintain strong and collaborative relationships.
- Establish and develop contacts with the BIS committees, standard setting bodies, and international organisations.
- Represent the BIS, or ensure that it is adequately represented, at relevant fintech events in the region.
- Provide leadership and direction to staff promoting functional excellence and continuous improvement.
Qualification and work experience:
- Advanced degree from a university of international standing.
- Relevant leadership experience within central banking, economic research, or financial industry/technology sector, with deep knowledge of fintech issues.
- Extensive experience in project development in technology and/or in fintech-related policy issues and their implications for the global financial system.
- Sound knowledge of financial technologies and their implications for the global financial system
- Practical experience in leading complex projects and a track record of successful delivery.
- Strong leadership with proven ability to manage high-performance multi-disciplinary teams to execute complex projects consistent with the mandates of the Centres.
- Track record of effective business and resource management.
- Previous experience interacting with central bank senior officials would be an advantage.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills and ability to apply creative and innovative thinking to solve complex problems.
- Strong results orientation with enthusiasm, drive and energy to deliver.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and a proven track record of fostering a diverse and inclusive working environment.
The BIS is fully committed to equal opportunity employment and strives for diversity among its staff
Location: , Company: ,